Well hello there friends, family, and internet creepers. Welcome to my little self-indulgent corner of the internet. I’m Claire. I am a 21-year-old student and occasional writer who likes to cook, bake, and eat. Here are some other things about me:
– Until around the age of 10, I refused to eat anything that wasn’t pasta, pizza, chicken nuggets, or candy. I like to think of my burgeoning obsession with cooking new and unusual recipes as making up for lost time.
– I like to learn new languages — I speak French, Spanish, Hebrew, and Arabic to varying degrees of imperfection.
– I am currently an intern at WNYC’s The Brian Lehrer Show.
– I’m also the Dining Editor at Inside New York, which involves reading about, reviewing, and eating delicious food all around New York City. It also means that everyone I know is constantly either telling me or asking me about the best places to eat in New York. Which, really, is a fantastic arrangement. You can find some of my reviews over yonder.
– I was a features intern at ELLE Magazine, where I read and edited lots of interesting things related to fashion, culture, and occasionally neuropsychology and (unsuccessfully) attempted to recreate the life of Anne Hathaway in Devil Wears Prada.
– I spent a semester abroad at Sciences Po’s campus for Middle Eastern and Mediterranean Studies, in a tiny town called Menton. Menton is in the south of France, right on the border with Italy, and is best known for its annual lemon festival. It is a very charming and confusing place to live, and I hope to return someday, hopefully in my retirement when I’ve saved up enough to buy a yacht and a quaint pastel villa on the ocean.
– I was not a huge fan of Julie and Julia, but I’ve still seen it more times than is probably necessary or healthy.
– The first thing I remember baking is hamantaschen.
– One time I had a good hair day and took a picture without having food on my face. This was not that time.
(Hi Mom. I’m just kidding about the internet creepers. That phrase doesn’t mean what you think it means!)